Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What if....?



What if I had a million dollars?
What if I didn’t go to college?
What if I never started to play video games?
What if I never started my fitness training?
What if I never moved to Missouri for college?
What if I never started to do extreme sports?
What if I lived in Hawaii?
What if I became a football player?
What if I became a teacher?
What if I didn’t grab my backpack today?
What if I never taught myself how to type fast?
What if I never taught myself how to use a computer?
What if I never had television in my life?
What if I joined the military?
What if I became recluse?
What if I became a social butterfly?
What if I was afraid of dogs?
What if I was never forced to teach myself life rules?
What if I never learned how to cook?
What if I never went to preschool to learn how to write?
What if I never learned how to read?








What if I never started to do extreme sports?
            Honestly, I really don’t know how my life would be without extreme sports. My guess is that I would probably be an antisocial recluse that stayed in my room all day and all night playing videogames and hardly ever talking to anyone. I would be overweight and be a very angry and sad person. I would not know what to do with my life and I would go into a deep depression if I already wasn’t in one. Why do you ask? Because extreme sports got me out of the hole I was digging myself in too. I decided one day that I wanted to teach myself a front flip on ground, because this kid at my middle school knew how to and everyone liked him and thought he was cool. I wanted to be looked at like that, I just love the feeling of people looking at what I do in awe. I love showing off, so I went to the park by myself to teach myself. It took me over an hour to get over the fear of doing it before I actually did, and it was a failed attempt. I landed on my neck, and was in a huge amount of pain. It took me about 5 minutes to get back up and I tried again, same result. I was there for about 5 hours that day practicing. Even though I didn’t get it, I found it sort of peaceful. It was a huge confidence boost to know that I am not afraid of doing that anymore. I came home so ecstatic and I told my mom what I did, and I showed her. It was a failed attempt, but she still supported me and told me to keep practicing, but be careful. Every day after school I would go to the park and keep trying. It got to the point where it didn’t hurt me anymore when I would land on my neck. Then I hit a stage of depression, because I felt like I could not learn it, so I stopped doing it for a year. It wasn’t until my freshman year of high school when I thought about doing it again. I walked into the front gates and I saw someone I didn’t know doing parkour (the art I was trying to teach myself to do.) my friend paul called me over and said I should try to compete and do it with him. When I started to do it, at first glance, he thought I was a wannabe, someone that is just trying to show off. But after about 30 minutes of doing it, I finally sat down and talked with him about it. I told him my story about me practicing in the past and such, and then we started to train after school every single day, getting better every single day.
What if I never started my fitness training?
            Fitness is my life now, most of my time is spent either working out or practicing my gymnastic and martial art moves. But what if I never started being fit? What if I never started to work out? I would probably be depressed, since I was depressed most of my middle school life. I would be overweight, I would not be eating as healthy, and I would be really hateful. I was depressed because I was picked on for being overweight and shy. I started to work out after my 7th grade year in the summer at my dad’s house. He used to be Special Forces in the Marine Corps, so he knew how to get fit and stay fit. He helped my lose 20 pounds and I became very toned. None of the people that knew me could recognize who I was when I came back to school in the 8th grade. I was nicknamed “the strong guy.”
What if you could not tell time?                          
            Time, what if we could not tell time? Maybe we would think of ways to figure out what part of the day it is, I’m not sure what we would do. In reality though, time is just a concept humans created to measure the days. Time is constantly changing, time is different in some parts of the universe. For example, if you are on a planet that is orbiting a black hole, then time moves slower there. What may seem like 2 hours on the planet would actually be 20 years in our time on earth. If we could not tell time, then perhaps we would look at the concept of time differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment