Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Stress is a great thing.



Stress isn’t necessarily bad for you, in fact, stress can make your body a lot stronger. When under stress, most people will see it as a bad thing and freak out, but if you look at stress as a good thing and realize that your body is giving you energy, then you will be much happier and you will be able to control how stress affects you. If you look at stress as a good thing, then you will be able to work faster and think of solutions to your problem faster. Stress can also make you more social.
Right now I have a conflict with myself. The reason I have a conflict with myself is because there is a crossfit competition coming up on Friday and I don’t know if I am strong enough to push through with my partner. Another reason this is stressful for me is because I am being evaluated by my coaches and the top athletes at my gym. They are watching to see how well I perform under stress and how hard I can push myself in a competition. They want to see if I would be good enough for their Heart of America Crossfit team for the HOA competition coming up in a few months, but the problem is, I don’t know how well I will do or how hard I will push myself in the upcoming competition (Tanger). I’ve been training for the past two months for this competition and I don’t know if it was enough. My coaches tell me to go out there and have fun, but me and everyone else knows that they will be watching me to see how well I will do, because this will determine if I will be eligible for the HOA team. HOA is the biggest crossfit competition of the year.
My opposite will tell me not to worry. I am one of the best athletes at my gym, and I have excelled in both cardio and strength very quickly. You are as strong as our best athletes and are stronger than them in some areas. Even if you don’t make the HOA team, just push as hard as you can in this upcoming competition and I am sure you will come out on top. Besides, what do you have to worry about, you have been strictly training for this competition for the past two months. The work outs you did to train yourself for this competition were harder than the workouts that are in the competition.
I am not sure with myself. I am strong but I feel weak. I look at everyone else and see how well they are doing, but I forget how far I have gotten in my training. I think I was expecting to be stronger than everyone at my gym by this time but I am not. But the fact is, I am as strong as them. I became as strong as them in what took me 6 months, took them years. I am getting stronger every single day. When I am exhausted I push myself even harder to get every last bit of energy out of me. I have worked so hard that I ripped my hands open doing the workouts, causing blood to drip down my hands, but I still keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment